According to a study by The Standish Group, a full 84% of software development projects fail to be delivered on time, on budget, or with all the specified capabilities. This dismal showing is the direct result of a failure to properly manage the development process.
In an industry where many organizations and developers basically "wing it", we follow a structured, yet flexible method of implementing the application development process that is based on the following Agile principles:
- Our highest priority is to satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of valuable software.
- Welcome changing requirements, even late in development. Agile processes harness change for the customer's competitive advantage.
- Deliver working software frequently, from a couple of weeks to a couple of months, with a preference to the shorter timescale.
- Business people and developers must work together daily throughout the project.
- Build projects around motivated individuals. Give them the environment and support they need, and trust them to get the job done.
- The most efficient and effective method of conveying information to and within a development team is "face-to-face" conversation.
- Working software is the primary measure of progress.
- Agile processes promote sustainable development. The sponsors, developers, and users should be able to maintain a constant pace indefinitely.
- Continuous attention to technical excellence and good design enhances agility.
- Simplicity--the art of maximizing the amount of work not done--is essential.
- The best architectures, requirements, and designs emerge from self-organizing teams.
- At regular intervals, the team reflects on how to become more effective, then tunes and adjusts its behavior accordingly.
This process helps to insure that the solution is delivered on time, on budget and within specifications.
World-Class Application Development
In today’s business world of ever-changing horizons, it’s not enough to develop applications to fulfill current needs. The true test of a software solution is how well it stands up to the rigors of a dynamic environment. That’s why a Throughput Consulting solution is guided with the following in mind:
- Scalability - The ability to accommodate growth, both in the number of users and in the amount of data processed.
- Availability - The ability to be available when required by any user - 24x7.
- Extensibility - The ability to easily add functionality to the system.
- Connect-ability - The ability to allow other external applications easy yet secure access to internal resources.
- Performance - The ability of the system to perform its tasks in an acceptable period of time and in a robust manner.
- Data integrity - The assurance that data entered into the system is in accordance with business requirements and that the physical integrity of the data is insured.
- Maintainability - The application should be written in such a way that subsequent developers easily understand the logic behind the code. This is usually accomplished by thorough documentation.
We stand behind our work. Throughput Consulting, Inc. guarantees its custom software development clients that the application we write will be free from any software defects for a FULL 12 MONTHS after installation. This guarantee states that any defects discovered during this time period will be adequately resolved at no additional cost. Only an organization with the highest quality and the most experience can offer such a guarantee.